Sunday, December 26, 2010

Blizzard

 If you live in the tri-state area you will realize by now that you are slowly being trapped into your house by the snow that will not stop falling from the sky. This all reminds me of when I order funnel cake and continue to sprinkle the powdered sugar on top until I can't see the cake anymore. I think I actually eat funnel cake mainly for the powdered sugar... Anyway, I absolutely love snow, but there are days when you don't have the energy to pull on layers and layers of clothing and pull out the gloves and boots, so I made a list of all the things people could do indoors this winter break.

1. Staircase sledding- We all know what this is, we've seen it in movies, but I've never actually tried it before. I'm going to bring down the same sled I've owned since I was seven years old and go down the stairs with it. And if I post another blog after this one, it means I've survived without too severe of a head injury.

2. Fake beach- I think I read this in a book once or maybe I just dreamed about it, but I think it'd be cool to turn up the heat in a big room and pretend to, well, be at a beach. Yes, I'm talking about laying out beach towels, getting into a bikini, and turning on the Beach Boys. Put on sunglasses and a pair of flip flops and let your imagination do the rest.

3. New hot cocoa recipes- If you're like me, you always wanted to invent something, a time machine, some kind of robot, a new language, new recipes and flavors maybe? Why not invent a new flavor of hot cocoa, or just keep adding in things you find in your kitchen until it tastes somewhat appetizing? I remember I used to put sprinkles in mine in the good ol' days. There's a start.

4. Bake- This one I'm definitely doing. If there's one thing I love doing to kill time, it's baking. Why not even go ahead and make a gingerbread house? And bake gingerbread people, and have your own little gingerbread village? It'll be like Gingerbread Sims, only better because you now have the ability to eat your gingerbread characters. Mmmmm.

5. Indoor camping- I'll admit that I still do this. I set up little tents in my bedroom out of blankets and chairs, put in a sleeping bag, and do all sorts of camp-y things in there. Most of the time I just eat smores while holding a flashlight but that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment