Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lunar Eclipse 2010

 I woke up an hour ago to see this year's lunar eclipse at three in the morning. It is so amazing to me how one little thing like the moon can bring people all over the world together. We're all looking at the same thing, aren't we? It's nice to know that although everyone comes from different places and believes in different things, we can all agree on the awesome-ness of something like a lunar eclipse.
 I wonder if the first thing people thought of when they heard the word 'eclipse' was of one of the books in the beloved Twilight series. The exploded popularity of vampires and werewolves, and the crazy obesessive fans have scared me to the point of no return, but I have to admit that the third book in the series was one of the first things I thought of. It's so interesting to learn about words that remind people of different words or incidents even. The way the human brain works will always be a mystery to me, but the connections and links it forms to all sorts of random different things will always amuse me.

No comments:

Post a Comment